DadWagon Video: The 2010 International Toy Fair

February 22nd, 2010  |  by  |  Published in Dad Video, Video, Video  |  8 Comments

Last week, Nathan and I visited the 2010 International Toy Fair to see what kind of crap we’re going to be suckered into buying come Christmas. But we had a surprise—we actually liked a lot of what was on display. So we produced this fine video documenting our adventure. It’s not exactly smoothly edited, and I have no idea how to mix sound, but we hope you like what you see. There’ll be more to come down the line.

1. Kelsey says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:38 am(#)

I want one of those rubber band bazookas for Christmas.

2. Jason says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:39 am(#)

Did you get a chance to swing by the Mainway Toys booth? I hear that the Johnny IED Disposal Set is this year’s Bag O’ Glass.

February 22nd, 2010at 12:41 pm(#)

@Jason, nope, we missed that. We were in too much of a hurry to get to beers with you and HipMamaB!

@Kelsey the Jr. Devastator is indeed one of the finest toys man could hope for. You yourself should appreciate that his entire arsenal is 100% American made. Bonus.

February 22nd, 2010at 1:15 pm(#)

@Jason: I think the 50 Dangerous Things book had a chapter on that. After all, if you’re going to IED, it should really be DIY.

5. DaDa Rocks! says:

February 24th, 2010at 9:41 am(#)

Awesome Video! Wish I could have meet up with you guys for a bit at the toyfair – so much to see! Pretty cool video wrap up!

February 24th, 2010at 9:51 am(#)

Definitely. We’ll have to meet up in Gotham at some point!

7. Kristian says:

March 15th, 2010at 7:14 pm(#)

As my daughter Elena and I are heading, momless, to San Francisco at the end of the month, I found your recent NY Times article poignant and utterly hilarious. Thanks for the tip about AirBnB.com… I’ve couch surfed before, however with my BabyBjörn-bound sidekick in tow your recommendation is a much better option.

By far the best toy in the video was the cardboard box… because it has DAD POWER!

Trackbacks

A Week on the Wagon | DADWAGON

Do you show this to your kids?

AP Images

An unnamed gunman gestures after shooting the Russian Ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, at a photo gallery in Ankara, Turkey, Monday, Dec. 19, 2016. Turkish police shot and killed the gunman, Turkish station NTV reported. Russia's ambassador to Turkey has died after being shot in Ankara, according to Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman. #APPhoto by Burhan Ozbilici

Story developing: http://apne.ws/2hRY0rH

Dec 19th, 2016 7:32pm • No Comments

"They watch their mothers and fathers overdose and die on the bathroom floor. They live without electricity, food or heat when their parents can’t pay the bills. They stop going to school, and learn to steal and forage to meet their basic needs."

The Children of the Opioid Crisis

wsj.com

Left behind by addict parents, tens of thousands of youngsters flood the nation’s foster-care system; grandparents become moms and dads again

Dec 16th, 2016 2:11pm • No Comments

Don't forget the gift receipt(s)!

A Gift for Every Type of Dad (That You Can Buy on Amazon)

Including cricket-flour protein bars, ice-cold beer chillers, and an air fryer that uses hardly any oil.

Dec 9th, 2016 3:27pm • No Comments

As Ryu Spaeth pointed out, the only thing worse than "Papa" is the pronunciation "paPA." PERISH THE THOUGHT.

“I just think ‘dad’ and ‘mom’ are very Saved by the Bell-ish,” said Will Grose, 36, a Brooklyn father of three boys under the age of 5.

Nov 30th, 2016 5:20pm • 1 Comment