DadWagon Video: The 2010 International Toy Fair

February 22nd, 2010  |  by  |  Published in Dad Video, Video, Video  |  8 Comments

Last week, Nathan and I visited the 2010 International Toy Fair to see what kind of crap we’re going to be suckered into buying come Christmas. But we had a surprise—we actually liked a lot of what was on display. So we produced this fine video documenting our adventure. It’s not exactly smoothly edited, and I have no idea how to mix sound, but we hope you like what you see. There’ll be more to come down the line.

1. Kelsey says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:38 am(#)

I want one of those rubber band bazookas for Christmas.

2. Jason says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:39 am(#)

Did you get a chance to swing by the Mainway Toys booth? I hear that the Johnny IED Disposal Set is this year’s Bag O’ Glass.

February 22nd, 2010at 12:41 pm(#)

@Jason, nope, we missed that. We were in too much of a hurry to get to beers with you and HipMamaB!

@Kelsey the Jr. Devastator is indeed one of the finest toys man could hope for. You yourself should appreciate that his entire arsenal is 100% American made. Bonus.

February 22nd, 2010at 1:15 pm(#)

@Jason: I think the 50 Dangerous Things book had a chapter on that. After all, if you’re going to IED, it should really be DIY.

5. DaDa Rocks! says:

February 24th, 2010at 9:41 am(#)

Awesome Video! Wish I could have meet up with you guys for a bit at the toyfair – so much to see! Pretty cool video wrap up!

February 24th, 2010at 9:51 am(#)

Definitely. We’ll have to meet up in Gotham at some point!

7. Kristian says:

March 15th, 2010at 7:14 pm(#)

As my daughter Elena and I are heading, momless, to San Francisco at the end of the month, I found your recent NY Times article poignant and utterly hilarious. Thanks for the tip about AirBnB.com… I’ve couch surfed before, however with my BabyBjörn-bound sidekick in tow your recommendation is a much better option.

By far the best toy in the video was the cardboard box… because it has DAD POWER!

A Week on the Wagon | DADWAGON