DadWagon Video: The 2010 International Toy Fair

February 22nd, 2010  |  by  |  Published in Dad Video, Video, Video  |  8 Comments

Last week, Nathan and I visited the 2010 International Toy Fair to see what kind of crap we’re going to be suckered into buying come Christmas. But we had a surprise—we actually liked a lot of what was on display. So we produced this fine video documenting our adventure. It’s not exactly smoothly edited, and I have no idea how to mix sound, but we hope you like what you see. There’ll be more to come down the line.

1. Kelsey says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:38 am(#)

I want one of those rubber band bazookas for Christmas.

2. Jason says:

February 22nd, 2010at 11:39 am(#)

Did you get a chance to swing by the Mainway Toys booth? I hear that the Johnny IED Disposal Set is this year’s Bag O’ Glass.

February 22nd, 2010at 12:41 pm(#)

@Jason, nope, we missed that. We were in too much of a hurry to get to beers with you and HipMamaB!

@Kelsey the Jr. Devastator is indeed one of the finest toys man could hope for. You yourself should appreciate that his entire arsenal is 100% American made. Bonus.

February 22nd, 2010at 1:15 pm(#)

@Jason: I think the 50 Dangerous Things book had a chapter on that. After all, if you’re going to IED, it should really be DIY.

5. DaDa Rocks! says:

February 24th, 2010at 9:41 am(#)

Awesome Video! Wish I could have meet up with you guys for a bit at the toyfair – so much to see! Pretty cool video wrap up!

February 24th, 2010at 9:51 am(#)

Definitely. We’ll have to meet up in Gotham at some point!

7. Kristian says:

March 15th, 2010at 7:14 pm(#)

As my daughter Elena and I are heading, momless, to San Francisco at the end of the month, I found your recent NY Times article poignant and utterly hilarious. Thanks for the tip about AirBnB.com… I’ve couch surfed before, however with my BabyBjörn-bound sidekick in tow your recommendation is a much better option.

By far the best toy in the video was the cardboard box… because it has DAD POWER!

Trackbacks

A Week on the Wagon | DADWAGON

But no daycare.

Apple's New Campus Has Cutting-Edge Features That Will Amaze You | Architectural Digest

architecturaldigest.com

Steve Jobs's final vision has been realized, and it's in the form of a bold 175-acre, Foster + Partners–designed campus

May 17th 4:21pm • No Comments

On the one hand, this is a cute project. On the other, he named his daughter Madison, which is just awful.

Dad Creates Book For Daughter Who 'Didn't Want To Be Chinese'

huffingtonpost.com

His daughter doesn't have any Asian storybook heroes, so he's creating some.

May 16th 2:50pm • No Comments

Time to teach the kids how to start a fire in the Weber.

The New York Times Makes a Print Play for Kids

wwd.com

Sunday’s New York Times will include a special print section for kids.

May 11th 12:08pm • No Comments