A Typical Morning at Dadwagon HQ

November 10th, 2010  |  by  |  Published in Uncategorized  |  8 Comments

From: Nathan Thornburgh

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM

To: Matt Gross, Ted Ross

I’m stuck with the kids again today, so no new posts from me until this evening.

From: Matt Gross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Thanks! We’ll fill the space remaining somehow…

From: Ted Ross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM

probably offline today, folks. sorry. i’ll file if i can.

From: Nathan Thornburgh

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I’ll see if I can put the kids in front of the TV and pitch in.

From: Ted Ross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM

sorry–today i have to write the index, get to work on my book, and read, sign, notarize my final divorce docs. then i have a jew ping-pong event at lincoln center.

i don’t know what kind of cliche i am, but it ain’t a good one, especially as i’m writing this from a cafe at which i am sharing a table with a woman with a matching mac laptop and having unpure thoughts about her.

and thus ends the wasting of time.

From: Nathan Thornburgh

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM

That woulda made a good post right there.

From: Ted Ross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM

i’ll add this and try to do this afternoon: “and then i thought of my daughter and everything seemed worth it.”

From: Nathan Thornburgh

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:49 AM

From: Matt Gross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Can we just run this entire e-mail thread as a post?

From: Ted Ross

Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM

that’s not a bad idea.

1. Ramon says:

November 10th, 2010at 11:19 am(#)

A Jew Ping Pong Event? Why does it have to be related to religion? Isn’t it just about the game or is it about Jewish people playing ping pong? Or is it only allowed for Jewish people?

2. Kerry says:

November 10th, 2010at 11:32 am(#)

best post ever.

November 10th, 2010at 11:53 am(#)

Ramon–it’s related to my book. It’s an event in support of a book called “Everything is Ping Pong,” which is being published by a Jewish non-profit whose director I am writing about. That and because my book is about Jewish identity makes pretty much everything I do Jew-event. No offense. –Theodore

4. Ramon says:

November 10th, 2010at 12:12 pm(#)

Ooh. That clears things. Thanks Theo!

5. Christopher says:

November 10th, 2010at 12:28 pm(#)

Having formerly been in on these conversations, I will assure your readership that this is actually how Dadwagon gets made. They’re not kidding.

November 11th, 2010at 7:48 am(#)

You see what we’ve been reduced to since you left? Dressing up email chains as actual content…

7. Erin G says:

November 11th, 2010at 2:29 pm(#)

Hahahahaha!! Love it. :) The jew ping pong, the impure thoughts about the mac lady, the not being able to write daddy stuff because daddying is getting in the way.

Y’all crack me up.