I Hate Dora the Explorer: Backpack Edition

May 3rd, 2011  |  by  |  Published in Uncategorized  |  14 Comments

Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack.

Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack.

Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack.

“Backpack, backpack.”

“Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack.” Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. “Backpack, backpack.”

Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack.

Backpack, backpack.

1. Jason Pee says:

May 3rd, 2011at 2:20 pm(#)

I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map
    I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map
    I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map
    I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map I’m the map
    I’m the map!

2. Kristin says:

May 3rd, 2011at 2:46 pm(#)

This is why I’m so glad that my 4-year-old still doesn’t know who Dora is.

3. Al Richmond says:

May 3rd, 2011at 3:12 pm(#)

This is soooo much better…
    Dora the Conquistador.

4. Jason says:

May 3rd, 2011at 3:20 pm(#)

Backpack?

5. Tim says:

May 3rd, 2011at 3:58 pm(#)

You have to love Tico, though.

May 3rd, 2011at 5:01 pm(#)

@Tim: No, I don’t have to. He can go to hell.

7. Jeremy Klaszus says:

May 3rd, 2011at 5:16 pm(#)

It’s the map song that’s always stuck in my head, especially when I’m trying to work. Hell, I started singing it — out loud — while riding my bike today.

I need help.

8. karen says:

May 4th, 2011at 2:30 am(#)

Ugh. Urg! Eck.

9. jjdaddyo says:

May 4th, 2011at 8:31 am(#)

ACK ACK ACK! ACK! ACK!

10. jjdaddyo says:

May 4th, 2011at 8:35 am(#)

(Dang, that last comment was supposed to include this image)

11. Marlena says:

May 4th, 2011at 9:22 am(#)

I’m with you. We had about 6 months of fervent Dora-love. What thankfully replaced it was a friend passing along her copies of Charlie and Lola. Drop everything and get your hands on those gems. Your life will be better, and if you’re lucky, your kid will start asking for things in a British accent.

12. Amanda says:

May 4th, 2011at 9:38 pm(#)

Don’t you know how long a weekend is? With 3 kids? As much as I despise Dora, I thank Lord Nickelodeon for it.

Trackbacks

Playgrounds for Parents | DADWAGON
  1. Okay, Maybe I Don't Totally Hate 'Dora' | DADWAGON

"They’re both making noise—sometimes a lot. They’re kids, so they do that. It looks like you’re on a date. Are you on a date? He looks like a nice guy."

Why I Sometimes Nix The Sitter And Drag My Kids To Grown-Up Stuff

rodalesorganiclife.com

Really, it’s good for them—and kind of good for everyone else, too.

Jan 25th 10:50pm • No Comments

Do you show this to your kids?

AP Images

An unnamed gunman gestures after shooting the Russian Ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, at a photo gallery in Ankara, Turkey, Monday, Dec. 19, 2016. Turkish police shot and killed the gunman, Turkish station NTV reported. Russia's ambassador to Turkey has died after being shot in Ankara, according to Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman. #APPhoto by Burhan Ozbilici

Story developing: http://apne.ws/2hRY0rH

Dec 19th, 2016 7:32pm • No Comments

"They watch their mothers and fathers overdose and die on the bathroom floor. They live without electricity, food or heat when their parents can’t pay the bills. They stop going to school, and learn to steal and forage to meet their basic needs."

The Children of the Opioid Crisis

wsj.com

Left behind by addict parents, tens of thousands of youngsters flood the nation’s foster-care system; grandparents become moms and dads again

Dec 16th, 2016 2:11pm • No Comments

Don't forget the gift receipt(s)!

A Gift for Every Type of Dad (That You Can Buy on Amazon)

Including cricket-flour protein bars, ice-cold beer chillers, and an air fryer that uses hardly any oil.

Dec 9th, 2016 3:27pm • No Comments