Asian Woman + White Man: the new math

March 7th, 2011  |  by  |  Published in Uncategorized  |  11 Comments

We here at DadWagon have been relatively forthright with regards to our goals for planetary domination: make more Asian-white babies! Or at least marry them! Twice in some cases (me)! Then pretend that you’re not specifically into that sort of thing! Because fetishes aren’t cool!

Anyway, the DadWagon men have spouses all of some portion of Asian extraction. It’s what we like, along with ladies who earn more money than us. It doesn’t seem that odd, particularly here in Brooklyn, where Jewish men are required to walk around with Asian women and mixed children, even if the children aren’t theirs and the Asian woman has never met them. It’s the law, people!

Funny as that all may be (to me), I guess I never really though much about how the other–that is, Asian–side feels. Now that I’ve thought about it, I’ve decided I shouldn’t think about it any more. Consider this, from Vietnam Talking Points, which considers quite without any irony why the white fellas dig the Asian ladies:

My Asian guy friends are always asking, “Why are Asian girls always dating white guys?” Some account this type of coupling to a bad case of yellow fever (the Asian fetish kind, not the viral disease). Others say girls go for status and something new. Will we ever agree that it could be, you know, love?

Of course not, silly! It’s not about love, it’s about education and world domination and Brooklyn stereotypes. Sheesh.

The post goes on, to prove with mathematical precision (they did some Google searching) what factors actually contribute to this amorous-ethnic melding:

So let’s synthesize: Smart economics, the media, yellow fever, Asian shyness and White aggression are all at the root of the Asian Girl + White Boy equation. All of these make sense, but my mind and gut are saying there has to be more.

His mind and gut? Fella, this isn’t about mind and gut, is it?

1. jjdaddyo says:

March 7th, 2011at 4:36 pm(#)

What? They mention “White aggression” but they forget about “Awesome White Guy Penis Size”? Could they not fit all the relevant stereotypes into one post?

2. Steve says:

March 7th, 2011at 5:31 pm(#)

“Awesome White Guy Penis Size”

Aren’t we talking about Jewish guys here?

3. beta dad says:

March 7th, 2011at 7:20 pm(#)

The reasons that white guys dig Asian ladies are perfectly obvious, of course, and are best summed up by the question “What’s not to like?”

Why Asian ladies date white guys is less clear. I think one of the major attractions to white guys is that it’s a chance for an Asian women to disappoint their parents. Not that I’m speaking from experience or anything.

4. Cool Dad says:

March 7th, 2011at 8:17 pm(#)

‘I think one of the major attractions to white guys is that it’s a chance for an Asian women to disappoint their parents.’

We’re flipping the equation. Asian dude, white girl. And we love our Asian-white babies.

5. William S. says:

March 7th, 2011at 10:15 pm(#)

Very funny stuff. As a man in an interracial marriage (white man & African-American woman) I find this column so funny. The same things are said about our family mixing as what is quoted above.

I also think I fit your group because my wife makes way more money that I do. It’s not even close.

6. JF says:

September 28th, 2011at 4:29 am(#)

I am a Jewish American man living in Singapore. Your satirical post is spot on. I am newly, seriously involved with a native Singaporean of Chinese descent. Besides being beautiful physically, she is probably the warmest, most thoughtful, most open woman with whom I have ever been involved. And of course, she loves me because of my huge schlong … but also because I treat her with the love and respect she deserves, including actually listening to what she has to say. She and her friends tell me that they don’t get any of those things from Chinese men, who, they say, either treat them poorly or behave like utter wimps.

A last point: I have also been told that Asian men complain constantly about “their women” dating outsiders. On our side, when I posted my new relationship status on my Facebook profile today, a distant female Jewish acquaintance felt the need to belittle my choice in a post by comparing me to her brother, who only dates Asian women, and calling me a cliche for dating an Asian woman now. When I challeneged her on it, she called me a racist and a misogynist. I can only say thank the heavens we found each other so we don’t have to date people with those kinds of attitudes anymore.

7. jzzy55 says:

September 29th, 2011at 9:01 am(#)

Some actual data, although these stats don’t get into religion.

September 29th, 2011at 9:15 am(#)

Thanks Jzzy55, but when you said “data” in this context, I thought something very different. –theodore

A Week on the Wagon: "Same-Same but White" Edition | DADWAGON